Bruno Oger, 2- star Chef near Cannes
Passionate for cooking
Passionate for cooking since the age of twelve, Bruno Oger is one of the most talented, most creative and most promising promoters of French “cuisine”.
From childhood, Bruno Oger vowed one day to become a chef in a 3- star rated restaurant.
Originating from Morbihan, Brittany, the star chef now based in the Cote d’Azur, proposes delicate, imaginative, refined, perfumed, Mediterranean dishes from fresh local produce.
A “cuisine” with taste offering passion and pleasure to his clients.
- 1983: Obtains a CAP then BEP certificate in cookery at the Dinard cookery school in Brittany
- 1988 has his first experience with Georges Blanc in the chefs’ prestigious 3-star restaurant in Vonnas.
- 1989: At the age of twenty-three, he manages the Normandy kitchen, one of five restaurants belonging to the Hotel oriental in Bangkok (One of the most beautiful palaces in the world). He manages a team of 15 cooks.
- 1992: Seconds Georges Blanc in the chef’s restaurant in Vonnes.(rated 3-star by MICHELIN)
- 1995: Diane Barrière –Desseigne offers the 29 year old a position in the kitchens of the Majestic hotel. Opening of the Villa des Lys gastronomic restaurant in Cannes palace.
- 1997: Wins his first star Michelin guide.
- 2000: Obtains a mark of 18 out of 20 and is voted best French cook of the year by the guide GaultMillau
- 2005: Obtains a second star Guide MICHELIN
- Bruno Oger plays a fundamental role for the Cannes Film Festival where he organized The most prestigious official dinners (notably for 50th , 60th, 65th, 66th, 67th, 68th & 69th Film Festivals)
- 16 May 2009: Bruno Oger flies by his proper wings. Assisted by his associate Sylvain Mathy; he lays the first foundation of his very own future restaurant in the delightful and enchanting Villa Notre Dames des Anges in Le Cannet, Cote d’ Azur.
- 10 may 2010: Inauguration of La Villa Archange, Le Bistrot des Anges and L'Ange Bar in the presence of Georges Blanc and Anne-Sophie Pic.(trustees)
- 28 February 2011: obtains 2 Michelin stars for La Villa Archange only ten months after opening his restaurant.